Truckee Meadows Stormwater Program
The Truckee Meadows Regional Stormwater Quality Management Program is a comprehensive program comprised of efforts by the governments of Reno, Sparks, and Washoe County, together with private citizens, to reduce the pollution associated with urban runoff in the Truckee Meadows.
This program is required by the National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (NPDES) permit issued jointly to the Cities of Reno and Sparks and Washoe County.
The program includes the following required program elements:
- Intergovernmental Coordination
- Public Outreach
- Municipal Operations
- Stormwater Discharge Monitoring
- Land Use Planning
- Structural Controls and LID
- Construction Site Discharge
- Illicit Discharge Detection and Elimination
- Industrial Program