Attend a Stormwater Training
We offer free trainings and seminars throughout the year, including:
- Construction BMPs, Permitting, and Inspections (for Contractors or for Municipalities)
- How to use the Truckee Meadows Structural Controls Design and Low Impact Development Manual
- Protecting and enhancing the Truckee River Watershed
- Stormwater Management
Stormwater Permitting, BMP and SWPPP Compliance Training
Click the image below to view and download a PDF of the presentation.
- NV General Construction Permit (NVR100000)
- Stormwater Best Management Practices (BMPs)
- Active Construction
- Stormwater Pollution Prevention Plans (SWPPP)
- Inspection Communication Skills
- NOI/NOT & Close-out Procedure
In addition to the provided resources, Construction BMP classes are offered each spring and fall. Please keep an eye out regarding upcoming classes or email email@example.com to be placed on the interest list.
Truckee Meadows Structural Controls Design and Low Impact Development Manual
Click the image below to view and download a PDF of the Virtual Technical Training presentation.
- Organization of Manual
- NPDES Regulations, Regional Policies and Procedures
- Truckee Meadows Stormwater Quality Management
- Principles of Low Impact Development (LID)
- Source Controls
- Treatment Controls
- Using the Design Guidance Worksheets
Low Impact Development (LID)
LID practices can reduce runoff and pollutants entering the storm drain system. The Truckee Meadows Structural Controls Design and Low Impact Development Manual covers relevant LID requirements and design guidance for the Truckee Meadows.
In general, Low Impact Development (LID):
- Is a growing practice in stormwater management with principles modeled after nature
- Strives to mimic the pre-development hydrology
- Manages urban runoff at the source
- Uses local and smaller scale controls as opposed to a more centralized stormwater treatment
- Uses practices and techniques to capture, filter, store, evaporate, detain and infiltrate runoff close to the source
To learn more about LID, reference past technical trainings hosted by SWPCC, for detailed information:
View the LID Virtual Tech Training – Day 1
Video Replay Available in 5-Part Series:
View the LID Virtual Tech Training – Day 2
Video Replay Available in 2-Part Series:
Have a question or comment for the program? Send us an email or attend a meeting.